Monday, August 08, 2005

Can you please check for my visa one more time?

After two weeks in the hotel, I left for Houston, and Sarah moved into the bare apartement. Our air shipment hadn't arrived so Sarah was roughing it on a camping mattress, and towels stolen from the hotel . In Houston I had to once again...you guessed it.... Visit the French Consulate. My third visit there, they now recognize me. I had to pick up my long awaited Visa that goes with my work permit. The clouds parted, the divine light shone down, ....and they couldn't find my friggin Visa. They hunted through stack after stack of papers. "Are you sure it was sent here?" *Finally* they found it, and of course made me come back later that afternoon. Sigh.... Well, Suzy also got caught up on some shopping while she was there, things are much cheaper in the US than in Paris. She escaped the Houston heat without melting, and headed back to Paris, where summer weather is much more reasonable.

No comments: