Saturday, December 30, 2006

Big Bend National Park Texas

We arrived back in France after a 2 and a half week visit to Texas. It was really great to see all our friends, and eat real TexMex. It was kind of scary driving a car again, and being in the US "car culture". I hadn't driven since last March, and was overwhelmed by being plopped into the Christmas shopping rush in Austin.

We also spent a week in Big Bend hiking with my family, which was very nice. This picture is from our last day of hiking, taken from the Emory Peak trail. The Sierra del Carmen are in the distance, they are about 20 miles away in this photo.

I've posted some photos. I've moved to using Picasa web albums, it has more features than what I was doing hand patching my own site.

Here are the pics:
http://picasaweb.google.com/suzypics/BigBendXmas2006 Posted by Picasa

No comments: