Thursday, January 25, 2007

Wednesday nights at the Louvre

Sarah and I are trying to start a new routine for Wednesday nights. I thought that if I posted it in my blog, there would be a slightly better chance that we'd stick with it.

We got a year pass for the Louvre, and so we are going to try to go every Wednesday night to do a small bit of it. The Louvre has over 35,000 objects in its collections, and I hope this way we can see more of it without getting overwhelmed.

To get an idea of the scale of how big the Louvre is, check out this PDF of it:

http://www.louvre.fr/media/repository/ressources/sources/pdf/src_document_50760_v2_m56577569830634872.pdf

Last night we did 4 rooms of the Levant collection, mainly from Syria and Cyprus. They were from 2000 to 1000 B.C. Definitely built to last.

No comments: