Sunday, May 08, 2005

Jet Lagged in Paris


poppies in Jardin du Luxembourg Posted by Hello

I arrived on Sunday morning at CDG, after a lovely full flight. To try and fight off jetlag, and force myself on Paris time, I spent a few hours walking, including walking thru Jardin du Luxembourg. Spring has definitely hit Paris, while it's still chilly, the trees, grass, and flowers are beautiful. I grabbed a Jambon et Fromage Crepe, and wandered thru the Latin quarter. The pre-Haussman Paris thrives here, with crooked little streets, and buildings wedged in every which way. Very up close and personal, tiny little sidewalks mean I'm always playing "chicken" with pedestrians coming at me. They usually win. :-)
This is in stark contrast to the ordered elegance of rue de Rivoli, with several blocks of virtually identical buildings lined up on one side, flanked by the gold tipped fence of the Tuileries on the other. My hotel is on rue de Rivoli, a block from the Louvre. At the end of my walk, jet lag caught me, I could not keep my eyes open, so I slept for a while.

No comments: