Friday, March 31, 2006

Suzy's life of crime

So, March is finally done, so I'll confess the crime I've been committing all month, and how I capped it off with style last night.

Last night I had a truly Parisien experience. Because I had a late dinner with some work colleagues (Rob, thanks for recommending Les Galopins), I missed the last bus into Paris. Ugh. So I took the longer tramline to La Defense. For the Tram, you pass your ticket thru the turnstiles to exit. You have to go thru the turnstile, and push the door aside. Both the door and turnstile lock after you go thru them.

Why am I telling you details about going thru turnstiles? Because Suzy ended up at 10:15PM in the La Defense station without a valid transit pass, and she had to follow someone else thru. She bolted over the turnstile, and grabbed the door before it locked shut. We won't mention how delicately she foisted herself over. I see high school kids do it all the time. Funny it's not quite as easy when you are middle aged, and have been drinking wine with a nice heavy dinner.

You see, I accidentally ended up with a pass this month that was only valid in Zones 1-2, and my place of work is in Zone 3. The Tram was also in Zone 3. All month I've been quickly flashing my pass when I board the bus in Zone 3, then I'm home free because all the rest of my entries are in Zones 1-2. Next month I'll be dang sure I get the right pass.

No comments: