Monday, March 27, 2006

Traditional English afternoon tea

I didn't have any photos of our lovely afternoon tea, it was just too quaint to mar the moment by dragging out the camera. So the camera stayed stowed in the jacket. We had a very traditional English afternoon tea at the famous Cadogan Hotel in the intimate drawing room of the hotel. We met up with some friends, and it was really fun. Prim and properly attired waiters with deep serious voices waited on us hand and foot. They keep bringing sandwich bits, then scone bits, then pastry bits until you can eat no more. I even had a cucumber sandwich, and it was quite nice. They served clotted cream with the scones, it sounds icky, but tastes great. I'm still listening to my arteries clog up, and dreaming of another yummy scone.

I did get a nice pic the day before of Big Ben and a red doubledecker bus, so I've included that. Posted by Picasa

No comments: